Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gentle Heart

A few blogs ago, I was talking about my husband and how he always tells me that he thinks I have the biggest heart of anyone he has ever met because I am constantly trying to make the world a better place. I sometimes feel I have the weight of the world on my shoulders because there is nothing I can do for the people who are victimized and the children who are traumatized...... Today while I was working on Day two of Project 365 all I could think about was how amazing my husband is and how supportive he is of my dreams and ambitions. He is there for me through thick and thin, there is nothing in the world that he doesn't know about me, or me about him. We don't believe in secrets. (not that I could keep one anyway) but I have been through some extremely difficult times in my life, but no matter what, hes always seems to "fix" me when Im feeling down. Our bond is so strong for many reasons. One being we were together for a little over a year before we actually had the opportunity and convenience of living together and seeing each other every day or on a regular basis for that matter. That made us truly appreciate the little things and I try my best not to take ANYTHING for granted. One other really big reason is, when I was younger, in high school and my freshman year of college before he and I met, I always felt like boys were chasing me. In every relationship I felt as if they felt stronger about me than I did about them. Not to sound self centered by any means but I always felt I was being chased around until I would settle and hang out with one for a while. I had no Idea what loyalty, or trust meant as far as relationships went because I simply didn't care. I did what I wanted and I got away with it. Sad I know, and later I apologized to those boys who I casted aside when they cared so much about me. But when I met Matthew, He and I clicked. And I mean CLICKED. From our very first kiss we were inseparable. Within a week of the kiss I had already flown across the country from Oregon to North Carolina to spend 10 days with "the man of my dreams" after knowing him for a short 3 days he bought my ticket. The only thing I knew about him was that I was CRAZY about him. I didn't know anything about his personal life, his career, is financial stability at such a young age, (I mention that because people have said behind my back that I only married him for money. ha. Jealousy is an ugly thing) I didn't know his middle name, but I knew that I was making the right choice. I had to lie to my parents because they would have held me prisoner had they known I fell in love with a complete stranger. I believe in soul mates and I believe in love at first sight. I believe that everything I have been through in my life has made me who I am today. And that my heart is gentle no matter how big or how small, If my worst enemy came to me tomorrow and said "i need help" I would welcome them with open arms and do what I could to help them become a better person and live a better life. So today I share my work of art, Day Two "Gentle Heart"

 
This picture symbolizes my husband. No matter where my tears fall, hes always there to sew me back together.


  "A gentle heart is tied with an easy thread.” George Herbert

I am very proud of this picture, it makes my heart smile :) Because it symbolizes exactly how I feel. My husband is not perfect by any means, and neither am i. However I truly feel that we are perfect for each other. There is nothing in the world that can change that. And no one can tell me any different. You cant fake a love like this and it makes me so very happy to see other people that share the same love that we do.  This is my life, this is my legacy, and I am grateful every step of the way. The end.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say out of ANY newly married couple I have known or ever met. You guys really do have it down pat. And you all make such a beautiful family (Koa included :) You guys aren't perfect, but you are... Hard to explain to any outsider the love you both share. But anyone that knows you both, don't even have to see you together. Because you both are always about each other every gosh dang second of the day!

    ReplyDelete