Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My blog is carbon neutral cause Im part Hippie.

If I could have ONE wish right now. Anything in the world. It would be that the Oil in the Gulf stopped leaking. And that all of the Oil magically disappeared. UGH! I hate that nobody is doing anything about this! And where is the president? Why isn't he giving some sort of comfort speech to America? Our poor Ocean :( Yes I am also part Hippie and Environment Friendly. My husband who lives and breathes the Army always makes fun of me but he secretly likes to be environmentally friendly too :) I guess you could say I am "green" I was proud to go to the number 2 Green school in the nation U of O. Once a duck always a duck but my life and dreams had other plans so thats why I transferred but I am still as much a duck as day one!




So I carry out my hippie duties by recycling EVERYTHING (literally) and buying 100% Eco friendly/recycled paper towels and toilet paper. I took a class called "Earth Resources and Environment" along with a bunch of other economics/geology classes and I learned SO much about what a single person can do to help the environment. Did you know that ONE CAN OF SODA can be recycled an infinite amount of times. You can melt down and re shape the same can FOREVER! So imagine what that can would do if it was sitting at the bottom of the ocean? It would sit there, Forever. Literally.

While I was browsing over some blogs, I found this wonderful cause that makes your blog “carbon neutral”.

Alexander Wissner-Gross, PhD, a physicist at Harvard University and environmental activist, conducted a research and discovered that an average website causes about 0.02g (0,0008oz.) of carbon dioxide for each visit. Assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 8lb.

So in order to offset your blog carbon footprint, “Make it green” Germany has created the program called “My blog is carbon neutral”, where they will plant a tree for you if you write a short post on your blog about their program. This will neutralize your blog’s carbon footprint for the next 50 years. Amazing, right? The trees will be planted by the Arbor Day Foundation in Plumas National Forest in Northern California, an area that has been devastated by wildfires. My brother is a firefighter and I believe he actually fought a fire over there! 



Imagine how many trees can be planted if we all joined!

Just a few easy steps to make it green:

1. Write a blog post about the initiative + insert your favorite button
2. E-mail the link to your post to CO2-neutral@kaufda.de
3. They'll plant a tree for your blog in Plumas’!


I think this is absolutely amazing and that everyone should participate :)
PS :) check out my new signature I made :) love it!


Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment